Research Scientists and Engineers (Machine learning/deep learning) (m/w)
Your tasks and responsibilities
Active member of a large highly interdisciplinary and cross-organizational team, including scientists from both our Pharma and Crop Science divisions across Europe.
Contribute to the implementation of a deep learning platform to leverage data in pathology using deep learning.
Extensively validate and further improve the deep learning platform for various property predictions of crop science and drug development compounds.
Research, design, and implement Deep Learning algorithms for analysis problems related to high-throughput pathology image analysis
This position within the Mechanistic Toxicology & Pathology Group, located in Sophia-Antipolis, reports functionally to the project lead and the Head of Machine Learning Research in Bayer Pharma, located in Berlin.
The applicant is expected to start as soon as possible, but the position is open until filled. The fix-term research scientist (m/f) position is initially limited until February 2021.
Who you are
• MSc or PhD degree in computer science or related fields, knowledge in one or more of the following application domains is a plus: user experience design, bio-/chemoinformatics, signal processing, vision, speech, natural language processing.
• Experience with state-of-the-art deep learning approaches (CNNs, RNNs, GANs, RL) and model selection concepts.
• Excellent programming skills in Python are essential. Additional skills in Java, C++ or CUDA would be of advantage. Proficiency in writing code.
• Expertise in handling, processing, integrating and analyzing data sets related to research in the pharmaceutical industry.
• You are a highly creative person with outstanding problem-solving ability and the willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams.
• Willingness to travel between research sites.
• Oral and written proficiency in English is mandatory.
Location: Sophia-Antipolis (France- 06)
Contract: Short-Term contract
Terms: 18 months in France
To be filled: as soon as possible
We offer a competitive salary, an interesting and challenging position in an interdisciplinary team of experienced scientists, a stimulating scientific environment, large scale GPU-server infrastructure, and a good opportunity to gain insight into the modern drug discovery process, with a focus on keeping our drugs and crops safe.