Build a solid foundation for your future with a company that is a global enterprise with core competencies in life sciences. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At the same time we want to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. But we can’t do it without the talent and enthusiasm of new professionals who share our values – Bayer: Science for a Better Life.
Bayer is always on the lookout for talented students and graduates in various areas of studies. In 2014, we took in over 200 people doing internships, co-op programs and VIE (Volunteer for International Experience) international internships.
Internships and Apprenticeship Program
We offer internships and apprenticeship program contracts in a wide variety of fields. This gives our students the opportunity to:
- Complete challenging and stimulating projects in leading global operations
- Apply education and knowledge to practical work situations
- Explore the business and culture of a leading, international bio-tech company
- Build a network and contacts for career mentorship and guidance
- Develop qualifications for future employment opportunities
Students are seen as fully-fledged team members. We consider it our job to empower them by giving them assignments that develop initiative and self-reliance.
Each intern or apprenticeship student is assigned a mentor in the company, who guides and oversees them throughout their time at Bayer.
Bayer mentors are committed to:
- Passing on their know-how and skills
- Making themselves available to fulfill their role as mentor
- Giving learners the support they need on a daily basis
- Building a relationship of trust with the learner
- Helping learners make progress in the areas of expertise defined in the training program
Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) scheme
Are you a recent graduate, willing to relocate and keen to explore new fields of experience abroad?
The Volunteer for International Experience scheme established in 2000 provides genuine, valuable work experience. It gives volunteers an opportunity to work in a multicultural environment and learn or develop their proficiency in a foreign language, and can be a springboard for your future career.
By joining Bayer on a VIE scheme, you will be able to work in one of the 75 countries in which we operate around the world. The assignments available to VIE volunteers are interesting, challenging and varied, and all involve responsibility.
If you'd like to find out more about joining a VIE scheme, visit the dedicated website.