Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
VIE Smart Weeding Coordinator (m/w)
Smart Weeding coordinator (m/f/d)
Bayer is an international group whose core businesses lie in health and agriculture sectors. Whether its keeping your house pest free, keeping highways and railways safer or ensuring healthy outdoor green spaces, we help our customers foster healthy environments where people live, work and play.
The Smart Weeding Coordinator will have the opportunity to join a company whose culture values the passion of employees to innovate and gives them the power to lead change.
Building on our passion for innovation and plant health, we develop solutions for golf course superintendents, lawn and landscape professionals, and greenhouse and nursery growers that help protect and care for healthy turf, lawns, trees and ornamental plants.
We are always looking at improved ways to serve society by tackling those key issues.
We are looking for a self-motivated project team member with the appropriate technical skills (particularly Agronomically based and with technical project management capabilities to support the industrial vegetation management in Germany and be a driving force in the project management to improve smart weeding services for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are looking for an individual who is creative and dedicated, who will fit with our collaborative culture, and not be afraid to get his/her hands dirty.
The position will initially be based in Langenfeld (Dusseldorf area), Germany but travel within
the country and occasionally in Austria and Switzerland.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the planning of weed management shifts together with the main customer German rail
- Support the industrial vegetation management team by running shifts of weed control on railways
- Co-ordinating and operating spray equipment, i.e. spray trains and Two- Way-Unimogs as well as co-ordinating the maintenance of spray equipment
- Contribute to innovative projects in the area of smart weeding systems, such as e-weeding, weed monitoring
- Conduct trials (chemical, electrical) with customers
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure a high quality of delivery
- Liaise with resource owners / team leaders to ensure effective use of resources in delivering project quality, cost & delivery within project scope
- Create and present relevant reports on project progress, problems and solutions
- Ensure senior management are briefed on any mission critical issues and remedial plans are fully agreed
Education and Experience
- Education in a technical profession (agronomical/chemical/mechanical engineering). Polymer experience would be beneficial.
- Experience from plant physiology / Herbicides would be a nice to have
- Direct work experience from working in projects (key)
- Experience from product development projects is a plus
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High technical understanding and interest
- Results oriented with a positive CAN-DO approach and focused on solutions rather than problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English.
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines and can produce reports to the required standard; can work with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Pragmatic hands on approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Location: Langenfeld (Dusseldorf area), Germany
Starting Date: October / November 2021 for 12 months
Type of Contract: VIE
Ready for this challenge! Connect to our job board and apply online! www.carriere.bayer.fr
« Pour Bayer, l’égalité des chances est un axe majeur de la responsabilité sociétale de l’entreprise »
Reference Code: 452641
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales