Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Principal Scientist / Research & Toxicologic Pathologist (m/w)
During the process of selection of chemical molecules coming from Research, the results of in vitro and in vivo toxicity studies are key information to decide whether to continue or discontinue the development of active substances. These results also contribute to solve critical toxicological issues in support of Bayer Crop Science products in the most appropriate way.
As a Toxicologic Pathologist and Scientist coordinating transversal activities related to toxicology and pharmacodynamy, your main tasks will be to:
- Provide Pathology expertise from early research to late-stage development by evaluating microscope slides, virtual/electronic images and data based on cutting-edge knowledge in Toxicologic Pathology;
- Produce and interpret histopathological data in order to predict and/or understand the adverse effects observed in (regulatory or research) toxicity studies (GLP or not)
- Contribute to the correlation between molecular/clinical pathology data and anatomopathological reports.
- Integrate data done at the test facility and present findings and interpretations in written and oral reports to peers and management.
- Contribute to the overall conclusion of the toxicology reports, especially for the setting of NOAEL and the significance for the relevance to human beings.
- Provide expert scientific review and oversight of pathology including internal and external peer-review and report review.
- Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- Prepare, as required, scientific rationale for regulatory agencies. Consult with subject matter experts as necessary.
- Provide input on study design especially for mechanistic studies. Participate in the development, realization and interpretation of pharmacodynamic (PD) studies performed in the laboratory and contribute to investigative strategies in order to evaluate the toxicological properties of the molecules as precisely as possible.
- Deliver technical input for the histology laboratory team. Contribute to the transformation towards digital pathology. Look for new technologies for mechanistic studies, biomarkers, and automation.
- Establish and maintain an external network with the academic, industrial and regulatory sectors.
- Can support veterinary duties (veterinary care of laboratory animals (mice, rats), assist in health monitoring, assist in laboratory animal sciences.
Doctor in Veterinary Medecine (DVM or equivalent) with a specialization in Veterinary and Toxicologic Pathology (ECVP ou ACVP Board-certification or equivalent), you have developed skills in research toxicology (for 5 to 10 years) as a pathologist of toxicity studies (GLP or not), in the production and interpretation of data of toxicological pathology, clinical pathology and molecular biology. You have also been working on new pharmacodynamic markers and are interested by the prediction of adverse effects based on in vitro assays (QIVIVE) and/or and PK/PD modeling.
You enjoy multidisciplinary work and show willingness to collaborate actively with project teams and external partners. Importance of collaborative and communication skills, analytical capacity and leadership potential will be requested.
A successful experience in project team management is therefore required for this position.
A high standard in English (written and oral) is required and knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 62241
Functional Area: Biological R&D