Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Post Doc Research Scientist Bioavailability- Lyon
Bayer is looking for a highly motivated, team-player, and innovative independent scientist (m/f/x) with expertise in plant cellular biology, phytopathology or pharmacokinetics to study the bioavailability of small molecules in planta or in fungal cells. The successful applicant will contribute to the discovery and optimization of new fungicides to control plant diseases and, will be part of a cross-functional team in the R&D organization. The position is located in Lyon, France.
As a Postdoctoral fellow at Bayer SAS, CropScience, your tasks will involve:
- Establishment and characterization of novel in vitro and in planta test platforms to track the fate of fungicides.
- Development of associated assays analytical methods to track fungicides and by-products in fungi and crops
- Development of predictive models in collaboration with the computational life science team.
- Implementation of automated workflows and data repository into a LIM system
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary project teams across various functions
- Scientific planning, evaluation, interpretation and presentation of experimental studies
Who you are:
- PhD in cellular biology, phytopathology, pharmacokinetics or related field experience
- Creative, proactive and flexible to navigate in a dynamic research environment
- Passionate by science and implementation of innovative solutions
- Team player and capable to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and take decision in a multidisciplinary project
- Proficient verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, a basic knowledge of French is helpful but not required
If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please send us your complete application at www.carriere.bayer.fr website submitting a cover letter, your CV and references.
The position is limited for 18 months
Start date: February 1st, 2021
Location : FR Lyon (69)
Reference Code: 332526
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: La Dargoire
Reference Code: 332526
Functional Area: Biological R&D