Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Cheminformatics and ML/AI expert (W/M)
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science Fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
The Computational Life Science Disease Control (CLS-DC) group acts to enable data- and model informed innovation and decision making within the Small Molecules (SMol) group in general & the Disease Control indication in particular to improve the success rate in the discovery and optimization process of novel fungicidal compounds with high commercial potential.
At equal importance the team will ensure the drive of digital maturity in the SMol organization with a special focus on Disease Control indication.
Communicate learnings and success with global reach. Help building a trustful, sustainable, and impactful collaboration between CLS & SMol Disease Control.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Enable data- and model informed innovation and decision making in Disease Control phase projects, by developing and delivering timely, high-quality computational solutions.
- Contribute to drug-design activities in SMol research by applying and developing state-of-the-art ML/AI models, and challenging the status quo by formulating and testing hypotheses via in silico models.
- Be an agile member of multiple interdisciplinary project teams, and efficiently communicate (written and orally) to different stakeholder at various levels of the organization.
- Ensure Deliver results in a timely and efficient manner
- Actively contribute as scientific project partners to the Disease Control & CLS strategy in SMol.
- Build relationships and networks within current- and cross-functions, by efficiently interacting with lab- and data-scientists across various organizations and key stakeholders, including senior level management.
- Be a cooperative member of the CLS-DC strategy by ensuring that projects fit in the global CLS-DC approach.
Who you are
- PhD with 2+ years OR Master’s degree with 5+ years industry experience in cheminformatics, computational chemistry, computer/data science or related field.
- Proficiency in Python and demonstrated experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g. Random Forest, Deep Neural Networks, RDkit) & deep learning frameworks (e.g., Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Proven expertise in applying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to computational chemistry and drug design (such as QSAR models, scaffold hopping, hit optimization, generative chemistry, multiparameter optimization).
- Good understanding of other molecular modelling techniques applied to drug design (e.g. structural bioinformatics, docking and virtual ligand screening, molecular dynamics and related techniques) is required. Basic knowledge of biology and biochemistry is highly appreciated.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, written and oral communications
- Strong problem solving and proven project delivery skills
- Demonstrated experience with global multi-disciplinary teams & learning the science
- Enthusiast, creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic; and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient in English
Type of contract: permanent
Location: LYON - FR / La Dargoire
Starting date: As soon as possible
Ready for this challenge! Connect to our job board and apply online! www.carriere.bayer.fr
« Pour Bayer, l’égalité des chances est un axe majeur de la responsabilité sociétale de l’entreprise »
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 448557
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics